Lanzarote is the fourth largest and scenically most interesting island of the Canary Islands.
Lava fields are lovingly planted with grapes. Romantic little white houses with green shutters and architectural legacies of the artist Cesar Manrique dominate the landscape.
In 1990 his first wind toy - “The Windmill” was erected in the small town of Arrietta, 15 minutes north of Charco del Palo. The whole of the sculpture turns round with the direction of the wind and then moves up and down with the strength – like a giant weather vane.
Escape from the routine of everyday life and spend a relaxing sunny naturist holiday in the high quality OBÖNA resort 'CASTILLO DE PAPAGAYO'. Mowed lawns, lush flowering bougainvillea and illuminated palm trees at night time create a beautiful ambience and a tranquil atmosphere.
The surrounding village Charco del Palo has meanwhile grown into a pure naturist village - so you can move around freely and remain nude at all times even when outside the OBÖNA resort.
The OBÖNA-naturist resort 'Castillo de Papagayo' consists of different apartment types: Type 1, Type 5 and Type 6. Each building has its own solar-heated pool, sunbathing lawn or terrace with free sunbeds and parasols.
All apartments include one or two bedrooms, a living / dining area with a small kitchen (cooker, refrigerator, coffee maker and toaster), satellite TV, shower / toilet. The balconies or terraces are furnished.
What is included
- English speaking tour guide and receptionist
- Change of bedlinen once a week
- Change of towels twice a week
- Washing machine
- Heating radiators
- Free Wi-Fi is available in Reception and in the Restaurant.
- Apartment changeover cleaning. Additional cleaning on request and subject to extra charge
Available at extra cost locally
Shopping & Gastronomy
You will find some shops and a few local restaurants at the village Charco del Palo; a small commercial Centre with supermarket, boutique and public payphone. The Cafeteria Cueva Paloma at the OBÖNA resort type 5/6 is open 6 days each week except during high summer season.
Entertainment & Sports
Two solar-heated swimming pools, table tennis, bocce ( a type of boules), garden chess, gym with fitness equipment, aqua aerobics; sauna subject to a fee. Swimming, snorkeling and scuba diving in the Atlantic Ocean are possible. Bring your own equipment as there are no local rental facilities.
Nearby entertainment at the larger tourist resort of Costa Teguise which is easily reached in 15-20 minutes with your own rental car.
Gently sloping solar heated pool with a lawn at the apartment’s complex of type 1, public natural tidal rock pool with a couple of sandy places for playground and volleyball a few metres outside the OBÖNA resort.
Discover Lanzarote on individual trips by car.
- Papagayo beaches in the south of Lanzarote offers opportunities for nude sunbathing and swimming
- Volcanic landscape of the Timanfaya National Park
- Labyrinth at the caves Cueva de los Verdes
- La Geria - with the world unique winegrowing
- Yaiza - one of the prettiest villages of Lanzarote
- Teguise - the former capital of the island
- Haria - the Valley of Thousand Palms
- at Nordcap viewpoint Mirador del Rio
- Jameos del Agua - a uniquely beautiful decorated cave landscape
- Jardin de Cactus - fantastic cactus garden
- Cesar Manrique foundation in Tahiche
We highly recommend car rental from/to Arrecife airport.
- Smoking is not allowed in the interior areas
- Small dogs are permitted on request
- An official European ID card/ UK passport is sufficient for your entry to Spain. Non-EU-citizens should contact their local Spanish consulate for their entry requirements